Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 1 Activity 3 - Moodboard and first logo concepts

This here is my mood board, set up to 'loo like' the one shown in the activity outline. But, apparently, the content displayed misses the mark!

My mood boared encompasses colours inspired by what the brief somewhat calls for. So now what do I do? Do I 'ditch' it? I'm just going to do a mind map for this time being.

Sketches


The example above is a compilation of the first set of sketches. The consisted of combing the linseed flower. I chose linseed as it was the first thing that just randomly popped into my mind whilst thinking about 'healthy' and because my mum enjoys snacking on snacks with linseed in them. :P

Though, my designs seemed a bit to floral. I have a strong nack for creating Art Nouveau designs. I wanted to create something a bit more modernised so I came up with this next set of concepts.



To add a bit of modernisation, I decided to 'shape' or add more solidity to my designs. But then had a second thought about them as they looked liked logo's for a programming or computer based company.

The last few sketches on the bottom of the page were ones I came up with during the wk 2 lecture. The concept of them consists of combining a 'tick' (which I made out to be leaves at first) a linseed flower.
I liked how it looked and thought about using it as a final concept but then later on during the day, changed my mind and thought it would be better to represent Sustanance's brand called 'Vitties' as the tick could be used to show the 'V'.



This example shows some extended ideas off the 'tick'.


And this example above shows off a bit of 'modernising' added to the tick idea.

Apparently, all of my ideas were sorta out of range so now I have to rethink or 'research' the 'meanings' for any elements I decide to include in  my logo concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment