Saturday, April 21, 2012

Early 'Vittles' packaging ideas

These scans below are some sketches of ideas for the 'Vittles' packaging. When I started out, I was merely 'google'ing lunch boxes pictures.



These sketches show that when I was making or designing the concepts for my lunch box prototype, I was merely focussing more of the internal layout of the lunch. i.e. arrangement of food. I was sorta set in that mindframe since my 'lunchbox' google'ing lead to alot of examples of 'bento'.

To show, if you look at the sketches in the middle, they have triangles merged into a box shape. I was thinking that the sandwiches could be positioned there. Also, for the design on the external parts of the lunch box, I was going for an animal or mascot. The very first one was an idea of a sun sitting in the corner and the suns' rays would point out.

I couldn't find strong supportive examples of lunch boxes and then something just hit me and told me to go look at some examples of creative box packaging to help. I found alot!

I didn't create very many concepts either since so I didn't have strong backup plans and I kinda sketched them up on the night before the tute in wk7. Though, during the tute, I did get some feed back that was kind good, which ment that I didn't have to make more different concepts but rather iprove on the concept that I had shown in that tute and then explain it clearly how my concept would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment