Monday, April 16, 2012

Friendly Typefaces pt.2

As I am righting this now, I've forgotten something, which is strongly related to what I'll be typing ahead.

I had used the font on my concept (which is explained in this post) but when I showed it for critique (this is where my forgetfulness starts) I either had showed my tutor or maybe it was during a tutorial, the feed back on the font wasn't that positive and a suggestion of using a serif font was brought up.

Serifs to me tend to be a bit weaker in readablity and tend to be used for a 'serious' tone.

Taking 'serifs' as advice, I went in search of some serif based fonts but they still had to fit the set criteria of being a friendly typeface.

There were two that I found, out of 6, that happen to fit were:


Ribeye


Spatha

I chose to use Ribeye in the end after I tested it with the design of my concept, which will be shown in another post. Why? well it fitted with the design of my concept but also because I found to be a bit more legible over Spatha and was a bit more playful.

No comments:

Post a Comment