Monday, April 23, 2012

Vittle's lunch box in production mode

Righteo, since I have an ok to commence production, these sketches below show the early stages of production as to what my design concept looks like.


This sketch portrays the front of the Vittle's lunch box. The animal is a kookaburra. I decided to base the animal/mascot design on Australain animal to promote the idea of the product being Australian and also the mascot idea was inspired by the mascots used in the 2000 Sydney olympics.


I didn't make one for the back of the lunchbox but the layout was pretty much made up on the spot.

Now, as for the shape of the box:


Its a retangle of 18W x 20H (in cm) with a depth of 5cm. I can assure that I went out and took measurements of the items being placed inside the lunch box. I also made it so so that it would fit into a child's school bag without bulkiness!

The retangle shape would also have a rounded corner on the right side. I thought that I could make the lunch box somehow unique.
I showed this idea to my tutor to get a better opinion on any improvements and etc. I got some good feedback but the bad part was the curved edge. The curved workd but if the actual concept was to be mass produced in reality, it'd be hard and tedious to make. Though, if I wanted to keep the curved idea, I could instead create a illusion filling the negative space of the curve with white whilst keeping the physical lunchbox a retangle.

Oh yes, during the process of creating my concepts, I wanted to stray away from the idea of using a retangle as it was very common and I wanted to strive for some uniqueness, which is why I made a corner curved.

No comments:

Post a Comment